To ensure your privacy as far as possible, we adhere to the following core values:
- Limited collection: We take great care to limit the information we collect and use to only that which is necessary for selling our Products and/or providing our Services (as defined below).
- Security: We take the appropriate measures to secure your personal data and require the same from the parties that use your data on our behalf. Cotton Lifestyle proactively tests on a continuous basis its websites and apps by means of an automated security scan.
- Individuals’ rights: We respect your rights under applicable privacy laws (including the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data in accordance with such laws).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Personal data we collect and use
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address, and any other contact details you provide to us (including delivery address when you purchase our Services online).
- Your communication data. Any data shared by you when communicating with us via email, online, telephone, social media or any other form, such as questions, requests or complaints.
Purposes of use personal data
The Personal Data we collect is exclusively used for the following purposes:
For the performance of our agreement with you: In order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the Products, Services and information that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. This also includes enabling you to make a purchase of our Products, to responding to your requests to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, provide you with essential information regarding our Products and Services you request, etc.
Use of information based on your consent:
If you haven’t purchased any Product from us, we will only send you direct marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, news on products or service updates) via email, other electronic means, via telephone or via hardcopy mail (such as flyers), after we have received your consent to do so.
Children under the age of 16 cannot legally give their consent. Instead, consent of their parent or legal guardian needs to be provided.
You can withdraw your consent at any time (see the section Your rights below).
To comply with our legal obligations: Any Personal Data we collect may be used to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as supervisory bodies, fiscal authorities or investigation bodies.
Sharing of personal data
We don’t share your Personal Data.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
Subject to the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you have the the following rights with regard to our processing of your Personal Data:
- Right of access – You have the right to request confirmation if Cotton Lifestyle processes personal data about you, and if such is the case, access to the personal data and additional information. Upon request, we can also provide you with a personal data copy undergoing processing;
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cotton Lifestyle corrects, adjusts or completes your Personal Data if we have inaccurate or incomplete data relating to you. You can also correct, adjust or complete your personal data yourself by updating your profile;
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, by following the instructions in any marketing communication or by filling in the form as set out below. If we use your Personal Data based on your consent for other reasons than marketing communication, you can revoke your consent by filling the form as set out below;
- Right to delete – You have the right to request deletion of any irrelevant Personal Data we hold about you when (i) the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected; (ii) you withdraw your consent and there isn’t another legal ground for processing; (iii) you object to the processing in case of direct marketing purposes, or – in any other case – there is no overriding legitimate ground for processing; (iv) we unlawfully processed your data. If you have such a request and all requirements are met, we shall make sure that Cotton Lifestyle erases the data of which we are not under a legal obligation to retain;
- Right to restriction of data use – You have the right to restrict our use of your Personal Data where (i) you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (iii) we no longer need the Personal Data for the relevant purposes, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to data use justified on our legitimate interests pending verification as to whether Cotton Lifestyle has indeed compelling interests to continue the relevant data use;
- Right to data portability – to the extent that we use your Personal Data for the performance of an agreement with you, and that personal data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such Personal Data which you have provided to Cotton Lifestyle in a structured, commonly used and has a format, which is machine-readable, and also to require us to transmit it to another data controller where this is technically feasible;
- Right to object – to the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your Personal Data, you have the right to object to such use, and we must stop such processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You also have the right to object to profiling activities conducted by Cotton Lifestyle;
For further information regarding your rights, or to exercise any of your rights, please email us to email@example.com
Changes to the policy